QEHS Management System is one of the most powerful management systems in implementing ISO standards across an organisation.
What is QEHS?
Based on the triumvirate (trio) themes of Quality, Environmental, and Health & Safety, a QEHS management system effectively combines those elements and principles that constitute the most widely adopted of ISO standards:
- ISO 9001: the international standard that defines the requirements for a Quality Management System (QMS)
- ISO 14001: the international standard that defines the requirements for an Environmental Management System (EMS)
- ISO 45001: the international standard that defines the requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&SMS)
This three-in-one management system publicly signals an organisations commitment not just to the quality of its products and services but also to its impact on the environment, both locally and globally. It is also a statement of intent in terms of managerial and organisational concern for the continued health and safety of its personnel.
Why do you need QEHS?
There are several reasons an organisation might decide to implement a QEHS management system.
The benefits far outweigh the remote possibility of any negatives. Time and again, ISO management systems have proved beneficial to all businesses regardless of size or type.
What are the benefits of QEHS?
The following benefits are worth considering when making the strategic decision whether to implement a QEHS management system:
- Increased efficiencies & enhanced operations resulting in optimal performance
- Reduced operational costs and overheads
- Fiscal growth increased turnover & profit margins
- Increased customer satisfaction and service excellence
- Greater employee buy-in, awareness, and improved morale
- Greater employee productivity & performance
- Reduced workplace risk & man-days lost due to illness
- Heightened management & employee awareness of the environmental impact
- Reduced carbon footprint, improved waste management
- Improved brand performance, enhanced industry/market reputation & increased competitiveness
- Driving innovation through the introduction of new & emerging QEHS technologies & sciences
- Continuous monitoring, maintenance, and improvement
QEHS management systems have proved especially effective within and beneficial to industries reliant on physical labour and/or where safety protocols are paramount, including construction, engineering, Pharma, energy, and manufacturing.
The benefits of hiring a CGBC QEHS Consultant to advise your organisation
Given that the QEHS Management System is essentially an amalgam of three separate ISO standards – ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 – its implementation is not for the faint-hearted.
Fundamental to the successful implementation, management, and continuous improvement of an integrated QEHS MS is complete knowledge and understanding of the intricacies of the relevant ISO standards and their many regulations.
This is especially pertinent for small to medium-sized organisations with limited resources and/or resource availability and has become all the more important in the current climate of hybrid working.
Hiring an experienced QEHS consultant can remove the burden of having to invest time and energy of senior personnel, thereby freeing them up to focus on the more important day-to-day management of your business.
Some of the key benefits to your organisation of hiring a respected QEHS consultant would include:
- In bringing their expert knowledge and understanding of ISO principles and requirements to your project, the consultant will lead the planning process, assisting with architecting the implementation thereby limiting the amount of employee awareness training required for successful roll-out & ongoing maintenance
- The consultant will not just work with you to plan the implementation, they will also guide you in developing, implementing, up-skilling for, and rolling out the MS.
- In addition to supporting the implementation, the consultant will guide, advise and assist with achieving successful audit outcomes
- Having worked across multiple sectors and industries, the consultant will immediately know which best practices should be adopted by your organisation to achieve optimal effective management
- Experienced consultants bring ISO-driven competencies, skills, and knowledge to the table; skillsets which your organisation won’t inherently have at its disposal. Through bespoke knowledge transfer methodologies, they will educate and up-skill your dedicated QEHS team to the level required to successfully take the project forward (i.e. ISO, Internal Auditor, Risk Assessment training & more)
How can CG Business Consulting help your organisation?
As Ireland’s leading ISO consulting firm, CG Business Consulting can help your organisation through effective QEHS management system consulting services delivered by our team of experienced ISO consultants.
To find out more about QEHS or to engage our services, please contact us or email at [email protected] or by telephone at 01-6204121.