There’s a right choice for every company. That’s across the board from choosing the optimal customer profile and office location right down to which ISO standard will work best for your business.
ISO Management System Standards take into consideration everything a business can and should do to adeptly manage its activities and processes. Implementing ISO standards offers real benefits for organisations regardless of activity, location, or size. Widely used around the world, here are just some of the most popular ISO standards. But which one is the best fit for your business?
ISO 9001—Quality Management
Over one million businesses globally are certified to ISO 9001 a standard; public proof of an organisation’s commitment to providing the highest quality products or services to customers.
Achieving ISO 9001 certification will,
- Reduce quality issues/risks
- Increase productivity and improve employee engagement/morale
- Decrease costs
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Create greater demand for products and services
- Improve competitiveness/reputation
All ISO standards are regular and rigorously updated; the latest revision of the QMS standard, ISO 9001:2015, offers several key improvements over the previous standard such as,
- Greater consistency between the ISO 9001 and other keys standards within the ISO network
- The introduction of a risk-based approach to identify, monitor, and manage risks/opportunities
- Greater flexibility
ISO 14001—Environmental Management
ISO 14001 is the international standard for Environmental Management Systems, certification to which can help businesses to:
- Achieve optimal Environmental performance/Reduce carbon footprint/support increased sustainability
- Fulfil regulatory/compliance obligations (something which is going to take on more significance with time)
- Enhance reputation and increase/underpin customer confidence
- Reduce risk and liability
- Support your organisation in qualifying for public tenders
ISO 50001—Energy Management
A certification that marries well with both the ISO 9001 & 14001 standards, ISO 50001 will support your company in integrating an EMS – Energy Management System into the overall organisational quality and environmental improvement efforts.
ISO 50001 certification can help your business,
- Develop a policy for Energy efficiency & environmental
- Establish Energy targets/objectives
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Improve cost-effectiveness/increase efficiencies
- Collect/use data to support decision making around energy usage
Get outside help
When making a big decision for your business, it is always wise to talk to the experts. In this case, regardless of which ISO international standard you settle on, you should talk to an experienced consultant who can help you plan for certification, gap analysis, implementation, etc.
Find out more by contacting the CGBC team by calling +353 (0)1 6204121 or emailing [email protected]