ISO 9001 :2015 Quality Management System
What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised standard for Quality Management Systems and one of the most widely used management tools worldwide. In fact, there are over one million companies and organisations in over 170 countries certified to ISO9001.
The Quality Management System standard applies to any organisation, regardless of size or industry and provides guidance and tools for companies and organisations who want to ensure that:
- Their products and services consistently meet customer’s requirements
- Quality is consistently improved
- Best practice is followed within their organisation
The main elements that ISO 9001 focuses on:
- The customer experience and improving it to benefit the company
- Leadership of the organisation and the involvement of the team
- Improvement of company processes to reduce costs and minimise risks
- Refining management procedures to optimise opportunities and allow the business to grow
Being ISO 9001 certified gives companies a number of advantages over their competitors:
- Increased competitive advantage
- Better customer experience
- Increased productivity, reduced costs leading to improved net profits
- Ability to operate in new markets and acquire new customers
- Allows companies to grow and have the systems in place to efficiently manage the increased growth in business and maximise the return on investment.
ISO 9001 :2015 now published
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) has revised the ISO 9001:2008 standard to ensure that the standard remains relevant in the business world we live in today.
The revisions in ISO9001:2015;
- Bring a fresh perspective and approach to the standard
- Place emphasis on risk-based thinking, change management and organisational knowledge
- Maintain relevance within the complex business world organisations operate in
- Integrate with other management systems, such as ISO 14001
- Provide a consistent foundation for the next 10 years
- Ensure the standard reflects the needs of service providers
- Enhance an organisation’s ability to satisfy its customers
1st Company in Ireland to achieve ISO9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 Certification.
Although the standard has only just been published, CG Business Consulting is absolutely delighted to announce that we are the consultancy firm contracted by Airpacks Ltd t/a KORE Systems to design, document and implement their integrated ISO9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001:2007 management system.
KORE Systems became the first company in Ireland to achieve the ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 management system certification with NSAI (National Standards Authority of Ireland) on 11th February 2016.
MANAGING YOUR TRANSITION TO ISO9001:2015
Those businesses currently registered to ISO9001:2008 have 3 years to make the transition. You can decide when to transition, but we recommend that you transition at the time of your three year re-assessment audit. The deadline to move to ISO9001:2015 Certification is by September 2018. This means that, after the end of September 2018, an ISO 9001:2008 certificate will no longer be valid.
ISO 9001:2015 – Keep the Transition Simple
There are a host of ways in which CG Business Consulting can help you with the transition to the new 2015 standard.