ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management Standard
ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management Standard replaces I.S. EN 16001:2009 and is compatible with the widely used ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Standard. It has international recognition and is now considered the benchmark standard worldwide for Energy Management.
ISO 50001 Energy Management System requires organisations to:
- Continually improve energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy use and consumption
- Review energy use, consumption and efficiency at defined intervals
- Document the methodology and criteria used to develop the Energy Review considering facilities, equipment, systems or processes;
- Establish an energy baseline and identify EnPIs (Energy Performance Indicators) appropriate for monitoring and measuring it’s energy performance
- Establish, implement and maintain documented Energy Objectives and Targets
Grant available ISO 50001
You could improve your company’s profitability and make a positive impact on its carbon footprint. Enterprise Ireland are offering funding of up to €35,000 towards implementation of management systems for energy and the environment.