ISO 22000 Explained
The Standard is compatible with other ISO standards, such as ISO 9001 Quality Management System, complies with HACCP principles and can help to:
- Plan, implement, operate, maintain and update your food safety management system
- Demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and regulations governing food safety
- Assess and meet customer expectations related to food safety
- Communicate food safety information to suppliers, customers and other relevant parties
- Demonstrate to all interested parties that you meet the terms of your stated food policy
- Gain food safety management system certification/registration to the key global benchmark
In addition there is a certification scheme comprising of ISO22000 and ISO/TS 22002-1 and overseen by The Foundation for Food Safety Certification which is known as Food Safety Certification 22000 or FSSC 22000. Food manufacturers audited to ISO22000 and SO/TS 22002-1 by accredited Certification Bodies approved by the Foundation, such as NSAI, may be certified to FSSC 22000.
For more detailed steps on the ISO 22000 Food Safety Management standard and FSSC certification please visit the NSAI website (www.nsai.ie) or simply contact us.